Here is a picture of my boiled Githeri:
Here is a Simple Githeri Recipe that I use when am in a hurry:
What you need:
3-4 cups of boiled githeri
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes -finely chopped
4 large potatoes-peeled and cubed
2 finely chopped carrots
Salt to taste
Any other spices you like
1. Place a large sufuria or pan on the fire. Add oil and let it heat before adding the onions and garlic. Let the onions cook until well browned.
2. Add the tomatoes and let them cook, until completely dissolved.
3. Add the potatoes and carrots and let them soak the tomato juice.
Tip: If you like your carrots crunchy, it is best to add them together with the potatoes. If you like them well-cooked, you can add them with the tomatoes.
4. Add the boiled Githeri and stir, mixing well with the vegetables.
5. Add 2 cups of water and let it simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes. Check if the potatoes are well cooked and remove from heat source.
6. Let the Githeri sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with avocado and enjoy you simple and delicious Githeri.
Here is the end-product:
Love it! Share your results when you try this!