Tuesday 4 September 2012

Running & Pinterest

So, as I told you in yesterday’s post, I have taken up running in the morning. This is not the first time I have done this. While in campus together with hubby, we used to go for morning runs and it was super exciting. We even managed to pull in some of our friends who joined in the running.
Why did I like it so much??? It was so much fun! That's the simplest and most honest answer as to why I loved running so much. On the other hand, my body did respond very well to the morning runs and I can say that hubby (then b/f) did not complain.
Running together also gave us an opportunity to bond and share something that made us feel better about ourselves. We definitely got closer and our relationship became even more awesome with our morning exercise routine.
However, after he left campus since he was one year ahead of me, we both stopped running. A year later, I left campus too and I did not resume the running schedule. I used to give excuses saying that I couldn’t run alone or I was too busy or such like things.
Anyways, over the past few months, hubby and I have been thinking about starting running all over again. Sometimes, we even decided to start but the sweetness of the morning sleep was too much to handle. On Monday, I made the decision.I know its not gonna be easy but am willing to give it another try. Furthermore, the feeling I get from running is so much better than sleeping in. (Ok, maybe on some days).
No pressure, just me and hubs, running for 30-45 minutes, enjoying the fresh air, the sunrise, the birds chirping and each other. I hope it becomes a habit and sticks as a way to start everyday.
Do you run??Is it in the morning or evening??Any tips for me?? Tell me what you think!!
Images via

5 comments:

  1. i run every once and a while, and i wish i ran more! i love running outside, but it's so hot and muggy where i live, it takes the fun out of it. i'll live vicariously through you! :)

    happy wednesday!

    xoxo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the ecards and the zebra pic in this post!

    I'm a new reader of yours- looking forward to your future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! Running is so great for you. I used to run with my friend to stay in shape for a dance class we both went to. We'd get up and go, early in the morning, the earlier the better on hot days. It's great, and whenever I was sore I'd feel like I was growing stronger, so it was really a good thing. :) I was in such good shape then, I'd do anything for that body back lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Love